Over the years, a few key factors changed within the Tickets category, that presented new challenges to both buyers and sellers. Due to this, the decision was made to close the Tickets category. As of July 29th, 2019, no new ads were able to be posted in Tickets. As of September 29th, remaining ads in the category expired, marking the official closure.
Most tickets are no longer allowed on Adjeem.
We will still allow certain kinds of tickets to be posted in the Events category within the Community section. To be allowed on Adjeem, the event and applicable tickets must meet the following guidelines:
- The event is small and focused on the local community, such as:
- Charity fundraising events
- Events held at, and operated by, a school, college, university or other post-secondary institution, a church or other place of worship, or a building owned or operated by a municipality, school board or community organization; or
- Other local lifestyle events, such as food or street festivals, and local community tournaments.
- Any tickets for the above noted events must be sold at face value or less and have a low monetary value (e.g. under $50 per ticket).
If you’re not sure if your event meets the above criteria, please contact our customer service team.
Trading during COVID-19
In order to help ensure the health and safety of our Adjeem Community, it is important to observe and apply protocols outlined by Health Canada when trading with other users of Adjeem. Your well-being remains our top priority. Please seriously consider whether in-person meetings are necessary.
If the transaction you’re making is necessary, please consider the following options:
- Cashless Payment: Please consider choosing your preferred third party, secure cashless payment method.
- Shipping: If considering sending/receiving the item via Canada Post or other shipping agents, ensure that the agent you’re using is reputable; it’s recommended that if using a shipping agent, that a tracking number is used and additional precautions are taken when sending/receiving items; particularly items of a high value. Increased care should be taken with high value items to ensure both sides are comfortable sending or receiving the item through a postal or shipping service. Please note, Adjeem itself does not offer postal or shipping services; it is organized between buyer and seller (agreement should be mutual, and we recommend confirming all details such as service provider, cost, packaging, pick up location and delivery address). Adjeem will not be held responsible for items not received or for any items that do not meet the buyer’s expectations (including where they are not as described).
- Curbside pickup / Drop-off / Delivery: This can be a great alternative to shipping and allows both buyer and seller to inspect the item and make an exchange, all while observing social-distancing protocols.
Other things to consider:
- Remote Inspections / Video Chat(s) / Virtual Tour(s) (Long Terms Rentals): Remote inspections via your preferred video conferencing call service, enables Community Members to discuss the transaction, while observing social-distancing protocols; Community Members can also send additional images, to show features/condition.
- Online Applications in Long Term Rentals: Online applications for rental agreements enable the landlord and applicant to interact while observing social-distancing protocols. Be careful of applications that request information such as Age, Occupation, Income, Gender and more sensitive information such as bank or SIN card numbers. These can often be attempts to steal information. Please note that Adjeem does not facilitate online applications and we are not involved in any agreements made between the landlord and applicant.
- Clean / Disinfect Items: We recommend cleaning items before and after a transaction as per the Health Canada page on Coronavirus (COVID-19) prevention. Please visit Health Canada to learn more about precautions to take at this time.