A few key factors changed within the Tickets category in last few years, that presented new challenges to both buyers and sellers, here are few advice you should have to follow to avoiding ticketing scam:
Most tickets are no longer allowed on Adjeem.
We will still allow certain kinds of tickets to be posted in the Events category within the Community section. To be allowed on Adjeem, the event and applicable tickets must meet the following guidelines:
• The event is small and focused on the local community, such as:
• Charity fundraising events
• Events held at, a school, college, university or other post-secondary institution, a place of worship, or a building owned or operated by a municipality, school board or community organization; or
• Other local lifestyle events, such as food or street festivals, and local community tournaments.
• Any tickets for the above noted events must be sold at face value or less and have a low monetary value.
Here are a few tips to keep you from a big disappointment come event day:
• The number one rule to remember is to always transact in person. In fact, we recommend meeting the seller at a place where you can actually have the tickets verified and authenticated, like the venue itself. The majority of scams in this section happen when transactions occur using online money transfers like Western Union or MoneyGram. Fraudsters will ask that potential buyers send a deposit, or the full amount, before they send the tickets. They typically disappear once the money has been received.
A few extra notes worth considering:
• Scammers have been known to abuse the fact that e-tickets can be easily reproduced and will print off as many copies of a certain ticket as possible. All of these tickets will work perfectly when entering the event, but only the first one scanned will be valid – while the rest will be denied entry.
• Box Office tickets also offer a potential hazard, as the scammers may not change the name that the Pre-Order tickets are under at the box office, once again denying you entry.
Because of this, Adjeem does not recommend purchasing e-Tickets or box office tickets of any kind from users.