Radial Search (Searching)
• View for : • Web • iOS • Android
Adjeem’s new location search allows you to filter ads by distance, instead of city limits. This means that you have better control of exactly where you search. Whether you’re in the heart of the city or out in the boonies, you’ll be able to search within the area you want.
To start a search:
1 Click into the location field in the search bar and type in an area. You can enter your street address, postal code, city, or province. You can even search all of Canada.
2 Select an option from the drop-down list of suggested areas. Note: You must select one of these options before hitting apply.
3 Using the Distance slider along the bottom, choose the maximum distance from your selected location that you’re willing to travel.
If you want to limit your searches to the boundaries of your city or province, click Search all of (your location) instead of using the slider. Note: this button will lock you into particular map regions and may group smaller towns into more populated city centres.
4 Click Apply.
It’s that simple! Using this new type of search, you get more control and more accurate results. Time to get out there and look for your next great Adjeem find!
If you require assistance, please contact us, here.
Trading during COVID-19
In order to help ensure the health and safety of our Adjeem Community, it is important to observe and apply protocols outlined by Health Canada when trading with other users of Adjeem. Your well-being remains our top priority. Please seriously consider whether in-person meetings are necessary.
If the transaction you’re making is necessary, please consider the following options:
• Cashless Payment: Please consider choosing your preferred third party, secure cashless payment method.
• Shipping: If considering sending/receiving the item via Canada Post or other shipping agents, ensure that the agent you’re using is reputable; it’s recommended that if using a shipping agent, that a tracking number is used and additional precautions are taken when sending/receiving items; particularly items of a high value. Increased care should be taken with high value items to ensure both sides are comfortable sending or receiving the item through a postal or shipping service. Please note, Adjeem itself does not offer postal or shipping services; it is organized between buyer and seller (agreement should be mutual, and we recommend confirming all details such as service provider, cost, packaging, pick up location and delivery address). Adjeem will not be held responsible for items not received or for any items that do not meet the buyer’s expectations (including where they are not as described).
• Curbside pickup / Drop-off / Delivery: This can be a great alternative to shipping and allows both buyer and seller to inspect the item and make an exchange, all while observing social-distancing protocols.
Other things to consider:
• Remote Inspections / Video Chat(s) / Virtual Tour(s) (Long Terms Rentals): Remote inspections via your preferred video conferencing call service, enables Community Members to discuss the transaction, while observing social-distancing protocols; Community Members can also send additional images, to show features/condition.
• Online Applications in Long Term Rentals: Online applications for rental agreements enable the landlord and applicant to interact while observing social-distancing protocols. Be careful of applications that request information such as Age, Occupation, Income, Gender and more sensitive information such as bank or SIN card numbers. These can often be attempts to steal information. Please note that Adjeem does not facilitate online applications and we are not involved in any agreements made between the landlord and applicant.
• Clean / Disinfect Items: We recommend cleaning items before and after a transaction as per the Health Canada page on Coronavirus (COVID-19) prevention. Please visit Health Canada to learn more about precautions to take at this time.